May 12, 2010

Pamirs provide an enchanting backdrop to learn about the Jamat in Tajikistan


Last summer, I worked as one of four interns in the offices of Focus Humanitarian Assistance (FOCUS) in Khorog, the capital of Tajikistan’s Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Oblast (GBAO). As an Ismaili of East African background, I had little knowledge of Central Asian culture or the Nasir Khusraw tradition of the Jamat. I saw my visit as an opportunity to experience the country and to open my eyes to an ancient culture that characterises the Ismaili community in the region.

MOre @ >>> http://www.theismaili.org/cms/995/spinner
.........................
 Ismailiworld - Be Unite
 ismailiworld@gmail.com
.........................

 Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...